The Foundation is located at 1200 U Street, NW, in the True Reformer Building, the five-story building on the southwest corner of 12th and U Streets.
Traveling by Metrorail
The Foundation is located near the U Street/African American Civil War Memorial/Cardozo Metrorail Station, on the Green and Yellow lines. Use the 13th Street exit and walk a half block east from the escalator to the entrance of 1200 U Street, NW.
Transfer points for the Green/Yellow lines from the Red Line are Fort Totten and Gallery Place Stations.
The transfer point for the Green/Yellow lines from the Blue/Orange lines is L'Enfant Plaza Station.
Traveling by Car
Directions from I-95 in Maryland (North of Washington, D.C.)
- Drive south on I-95.
- I-95 divides as it approaches I-495 (the Capital Beltway).
- Stay in the left lanes to merge with I-495 toward Washington and Richmond (exit 27).
- From I-95/I-495, take the Baltimore Washington Parkway South (Exit 22B).
- Go about 3 miles.
- From the Parkway, take the right exit onto US-50 West/New York Avenue toward Washington.
- Go about 4 miles.
- From New York Avenue, turn right onto Florida Avenue, NW.
- Florida Avenue becomes U Street where it crosses 9th Street, NW.
- Continue on U Street, NW, for about 3 blocks to 1200 U Street, NW. Metered parking is available on the street.
Directions from I-95 in Virginia (South of Washington, D.C.)
- Drive north on I-95.
- Stay to the left approaching Springfield. (Do not take the right lanes to I-95N / I-495.)
- The left lanes of I-95 become I-395.
- Stay to the left crossing the Potomac River.
- Take the left exit onto US-1 North.
- US-1 North becomes 14th Street, NW.
- Stay on 14th Street as you go around Thomas Circle.
- Continue north on 14th Street. At U Street, NW, turn right and continue for 2 blocks to 1200 U Street, NW. Metered parking is available on the street.